7.11.2011

Life before baby vs Life after baby

EVERYTHING has changed. When people say your life really changes, and you ask them "Well, how?" and all they can say is "EVERYTHING!".

Let the battles begin.

Basic Hygiene (what I miss the most)
Before: I obviously was well groomed. Even though I dressed plainly--I thought I had great classy taste. Daily long hot showers, or bubble baths while reading my cosmo. Spending an hour doing my hair each week to wash, deep condition, and flat iron. Keeping my nails and toe nails up. Especially during the summer.
After baby: I take a nightly shower most nights only due to my husband watching the baby. I haven't worn real clothes in weeks. I have 3 cosmos unread. I don't do my hair. I've washed it about 6 times and just tied it back. I've gone days without combing it! Nails and toenails...forget it. God bless the women who can have babies and look great without missing a beat. I missed the whole dang song.

Sleep
Before: Took naps and slept whenever I wanted.
After baby: Sleep, what's that? I vaguely remember...now I sleep in 2 hour increments every night. I get extremely giddy if I get an afternoon nap; I feel like a new woman!

Make-up
Before: Usually worn light makeup daily and more drastic at night.
After baby: I'm lucky to use a dried wipe across my face.

Freedom
Before: We went everywhere, all the time, care free.
After baby: I get so consumed with how we are going to pump/ make bottles enough for a trip to Walmart, or to go to church.

Every night, like tonight, I sit in bed and wonder "How the hell did I get through today??" and even more "How the hell am I going to do this tommorow?" It's so hard and demanding, but it got easier somehow? It's hard to explain. Like it's still a long drawn out hard process, but it works much smoother now. I remember almost 4 weeks ago when I used to cry when night time came. Because it meant I'd be alone with him and have to deal with it all night. Now he's started a bedtime routine and is in bed (his crib) already between 8:30-9:30pm. Now when night comes I just get up and waddle over and change, nurse, burp, and swaddle. It literally takes 20-30 minutes. I go back to bed and in 2 hours we do it again.

I cherish the moments when he's smiling and making super cute noises (that hes just learning!) I just stare at him. I stare at his eyes and his nose, mouth, eyebrows, and ears. I just visually soak him all in. Mainly because I'm so smitten, but also because I STILL can't believe he came out of ME!!!

I freaking made a person, grew them, nurtured them, pushed them out of my body, wrecked my body, and now am providing them with nourishment daily. AMAZING!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment