11.10.2010

I'm not dead...and I'm still pregnant!

I know I have disappeared from the face of the earth, both on the internet and in real life. Pregnancy has turned my life into a complete 180! Everything was fine and dandy for about...the first 5 weeks. During the end of my 5th week and moving into my 6th...I was getting so nauseated. Then during my 6th the nausea was worse. During my 7th week the nausea got even worse and I began gagging.

My hubby said "Don't worry about the gagging, you know your not gonna throw up so just try to do everything like normal"
I stopped taking his advice at week 8. Low and behold I had began actually throwing up in the mornings and afternoons. It was the worst! I was reduced down to a vomiting person who lied in bed (partially because I'm sooo tired) from the time she woke up to around 3 pm. I had to go to work for a few hours but luckily I tend to feel better in the afternoons and by evenings can eat food. When I get home from work at 8 pm, I watch tv for an hour and it's back to bed. It's been my schedule since week 6.

I last threw up Monday morning, week 9, and it was as soon as I opened my eyes and rolled over in the bed. It was awful. But since then, I actually been feeling good! This of course worries me, but in the past this feeling has never lasted a day and another morning!

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm super excited because I hate being nauseated, but it's so scary in pregnancy, because you wonder if it's 'normal' and if it means loss of symptoms = loss of baby! Since I had that chemical pregnancy before this pregnancy I really didn't let myself get attached to this baby. But now I'm very attached and would be devastated if anything happened. I know this fears and anxieties are normal, and most people tell me to 'cast them away' and for the most part I am doing that, but I can't help it. My mantra is 'God is working with my body to help create and keep this baby, my body knows what's it doing and so does God'.

We get to hear the heartbeat a day before my birthday...this could make my birthday great, or devastate both my birthday and thanksgiving. I'm sure things will be fine. I had an U/S @ 7 weeks and everything was good and we saw baby's heartbeat. So just gotta make it a few more weeks!!

Well I'm getting lighted headed now (yes!!)