7.13.2010

All things about babies...

Babies, babies, babies...where do I start...
all things about babies. 

I have always been one to not like children...seriously. I'd even go as far to say, I hated them at one point of my life. I was never wanting to hold babies, and play with them or anything like that. I just thought they were annoying little @%$% that dragged your life down and hung onto you like a bad accessory.

Well afterI got married...the wierdest thing happened to me. I woke up one day and thought to myself
"Omg...I think I want a baby".
Weirdest thing ever. I started freaking out so bad, because I didn't understand where this feeling was coming from! So of course naturally I shared this new feeling with my husband and he simply laughed. I told him I was serious and he just did not believe me...for months! Then finally he realized I was serious...but NEWSFLASH it wasn't something in his plans at this time. So for about almost 2 years now I have been baby crazy. High with fever, cooing at new babies, watching Baby story, and dying every time I pass the baby aisle in wal-mart.

I've tried to convince my husband for the last two years but he would not budge (or even entertain the idea)! Now, I can't blame him, as we are both quite young (me @ 24 & him @ 23) and could probably find other more fun things to do in our young lives. But this burning fever will not let up no matter what!

We've had several discussions about the timing and each one pretty much ended up in anger, because we can not agree about when to start our family. I am so in love with the idea of starting a family soon, my husband finally caves in and says if we have careers going, and finances are ok then we should wait till maybe the end of this year. I decided (because that is the final say, right?) that we will wait until June 2011 (because that gives enough time to really REALLY make sure we'll be as ready as ever). So that's our time line! I created a baby bucketlist (courtesy of babymakinmachine's blogspot!) and in the meantime, we will focus on us for the next year. He agreed and said that's really good for him. He still says he's not interested in a baby now, so all the baby talk is 'irrelvant' to him, but he says as time gets closer he will become more 'interested'. Men. 

So thats how the whole baby thing is working in my life right now. It's been pretty easy to keep my mind off of it (with bucket list and all), but I have so many questions and concerns that I figured this outlet (and chapter of my life) should be well documented here. I will post my ever changing and ever extending baby bucket list here later...


No comments:

Post a Comment