7.28.2010

I hate pregnant dreams

Not only do they remind me that in real life, I'm not pregnant. But they are always so sad! In every pregnancy dream I have, it's always bad. Like explained in my Xanga...
3/29/10: I keep having a reoccurring dream about being pregnant. The dreams goes something around the fact that I find out I'm pregnant and then I'm happy about it and excited and ready for it, and then either my stomach is deformed or my belly disappears. And it's the worst feeling. At one point I dreamed a close friend (whom I was jealous of at the time) was pregnant at the time and she had her baby but I lost mines. Craziness right?

And so naturally I looked up a response and this is what it said
To dream that you are pregnant, symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing. You may not be ready to talk about it or act on it.This may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or goal.
To dream that you are pregnant with the baby dying inside of you, suggests that a project you had put a lot of effort into is falling apart and slowly deteriorating. Nothing is working out the way you want it to.
Interesting right? Here are some other meanings
Another type of pregnancy dream involves abortion or miscarriage. These dreams all point to something being unfulfilled--a wish, a hope, a desire or even a special project. Dreams of unfulfilled pregnancy are pleas from our psyche to look at what we want to bring into the world and examine why we aren't doing it.


Pregnancy dreams, like real life pregnancies are harbingers of change, creativity, and new life being brought into the world. Treat your life as you would treat yourself if you were pregnant and wait for the miracle you're already creating to manifest in your waking world!
This helps explains about my common miscarriage dreams
Symbolically, miscarriages as a dream symbols represent a missed opportunity or an aborted plan of action.Miscarriages are unfulfilled pregnancies and are symbolic cries from the psyche asking for a reevaluation of the dreamer's life desires and an examination as to why those desires aren't being fulfilled and actively pursued in waking life.
Miscarriage dreams are often termed "shadow dreams" with the "shadow" being the place containing all the psyche's undesirables. Shadow particles are not necessarily bad, in fact, "shadow gold" exists. Shadow gold is usually a wonderful part of the self, hidden by and attached to psychic wounds.


 Wow these are all interesting theories, and can help explain a bit about (psychoanalytically) baby desires and dreams. Now I'm sure @ least 20-30% of my dreams are simply caused due to my extreme fascination in everything 'baby' (like I was reading a waiting to conceive forum last night before bed) but I think there is some truth and the underlying meanings.

I have to wonder now...what is it that I'm not getting? What creative side of me is not being fulfilled? Hopefully when this new position comes and I'll be challenged creatively...during a dream I can be pregnant AND give birth?

No comments:

Post a Comment