7.12.2010

Chapter 1--Page 1

So here we are FINALLY...my fresh start here at Blogger! I have been desperately trying to leave Xanga (my first blogging home) for months now...just sort of feeling like I needed a new outlet for a new chapter in my life. It's hard starting somewhere new, so let me give you a basic run down about me...

My name is the Wife (anonymity!) and I'm from the north, but moved to the south once I graduated from college up there. In college I majored in...a lot of things, but it wasn't until I started psychology classes that I realized,  
'eh...I'm more of a people person and should stick to this'. 
 I started my Xanga blog shortly after my mother died (ovarian cancer) in 2004 and kept track of all my travels through undergraduate school, friends, parties and of course my love interest at the time...JC.

Lots of ups and downs and break ups to make ups and struggles during those times. Glad I blogged it :)

During my senior year of college (2007) I decided to graduate early and look into a graduate school. I chose a graduate school in the south and prepared myself for moving, my love JC and I decided that we'd go ahead and move together. It would be a NEW START for both of us!

So blogging along...I graduated in the north at the end of that year and A WEEK LATER we moved to the South! I was blessed with a job at the bank (after being a server all through college) and JC soon found a great job (where I ended up working there several months later). Life was grand for us, we had an apartment, adopted a puppy and started our travels together. We took alot of trips, vacations, and spontaneous fun things! We would get off work at 5 pm on a friday and head to florida for the weekend...FUN!!

Things in our lives were so great, that we talked about getting married! Soon enough he proposed later that year (2008) and then we decided next June we would get married. We also decided to buy a house, since the market was so good, and we found one a cute starter home in a really nice neighborhood (2008). I always say 2008 was our year :)

2009...is when troubles began for us. Towards the end our job was having rumors of major layoffs and I was victimized in Nov. (2009), JC in April (2010). Things have been extremely hard for us, not only financial but just emotionally too. We've had to deal with things that we never looked twice at before. It was a good reality check about our priorities. I also started doing my internships (the last classes for me) at a government agency where I counseled several clients. Eye opening experiences, but such a great experience! I enjoyed every second of it, good and bad, and came out realizing I WAS MADE FOR COUNSELING!

And here we are...July 2010. And it's time for a real fresh start. I've graduated (practically, just waiting on the degree!) with my Masters in Counseling,  and JUST got a real job at BGC as the Teen Program Director!! I'm sooo excited, anxious, and nervous, but ALAS! a real job. Josh (JC, I flip between both) has his fingers crossed on a position he really wants, so we are waiting about that. YES! Jobs again!!

Things were rough, but we started going to church earliar this year and we've been getting closer with GOD (I've tried to always keep a stable/close relationship with him) and we have been fighting so much in the last couple of months to maintain our faith, but just like the pastor said  
"When you find yourself fighting the hardest and working the hardest...that's when your the closet to have a breakthrough in your life"
 ...one of my favorite lines and one of my truest moments.

So I encourage you to stay tuned, and keep up with my ever evolving life,  because I'm sooo looking forward to meeting new people with new stories! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment