8.09.2010

New beginnings...

So last week was a majorly important week for both Hubby and I. He was making a crucial decision between staying here in Columbia or possibly moving to another state for a job offer. We both continued with our fast and meditations and I let him know I supported him through whatever he decided. Well yesterday on the way out from church we spoke with a member who gave encouragement and inspiration towards hubby's decision. He then decided we would remain here in Columbia. Unless the offer became better oppurtunity for us.

Anywho, so I have been happily happy the last few days. My fast is over and I'm proud of myself.

I know things haven't been great as far as what they used to be...but we have really adapted to our life and adjusted our lifestyle to fit. And I'm perfectly content. There is nothing more I can ask for. I can't understand how different our lives have changed since the lay offs...but in a good way. We learned to appreciate each other, manage our time together, and live on a very VERY limited income. But God is good and he is good all the time. And I just can't wrap my brain around it. But I'm just as happy as I was before...but for better reasons. And my character has grown and matured and I feel that together we are stronger and that we could do more together (including babies!)

Hubby picked up a month long temporary job. I'm excited because he's happy to get out of the house and start working a bit on a normal 8-5 schedule again for a bit. He's not doing it for the pay, but just the ability to do it. Coincidentally, I begin my job and the last week of shadowing, which is my hours in the evening. So, it's a total 180 now, I'm going to be home all day and he will be gone all day! So it's back to house chores and cooking for me...but that's ok now. I'm ready for it! And hopefully this temporary job tides him over until his new company opens back up, which is hopefully soon....

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment