8.18.2010

Patiently waiting for Mr.Change

I am very surprised at my patience lately. Like very. Hubby is still waiting about job situations and the many different options he has. So far it's been playing the waiting game for a few months now and I'm sure he's ready to move on. He seems restless but he keeps pushing.

The biggest surprise of all...I actually thought I was going to dread the new job, but I actually enjoy it! The middle school kids I work with are pretty good kids with of course minor faults and issues involving discipline, simply because they've never had anyone seriously discipline them. I made 4 easy rules with them.
  1. Ask permission. To do anything. I don't care if you want to leave the room to throw away paper or get some water. Ask first. I think it's important for them to learn to be obedient in order to get more privileges.
  2. Don't talk when I'm talking. Simple.
  3. Be respectful. To themselves, others, and furniture in the room. I told them if they weren't respectful to the furniture it would leave. Then they'd have to stand or sit on the floor. 
  4. Be open. Come to me with problems or issues. And be suggestive. Let me know if you don't want to do something and I'll expect you to come up with other ideas that will make it more fun. 
 I thought my rules were simple and easy.  It took me a while to come up with the perfect set, but I think this is good.

So yes, things are going pretty good. And I'm happy for the most part. I know I have to take the ups with the downs and that it will be a challenge. A BIG CHALLENGE. But the benefits are great, the pay is semi-decent, and I only work 4 hours a day. Not bad at all... I'm ready to get back to our regular lifestyle, not having to squeeze each penny every month.

We've learned a lot during this season...but I feel the shackles are ready to come off and God is going to put us back in the game. I'm excited because our breakthrough is so close! SO CLOSE! And this time around we know what to do right, and who to put first in our lives now.  

Lesson Learned!

Ciao.

P.S- As you noticed, the lovely "TTC" ticker is gone, since we decided that we were mentally and emotionally ready earlier than anticipated; we are no longer going to be counting down : ) Don't get too excited we are still waiting...but the time will be unknown now : )