8.01.2010

Spiritual Fasting Part I

So today at church, I felt myself give in. Give in 100% to God's will. Meaning fighting the human side of me and not wanting to whole heartedly give extra tithes and understanding the purpose of moving forward with God. I'm not gonna lie, I'm nervous...and feeling quite out of my element with this. I hope I'm doing things right and not jumping in to fast.

I am doing a 'fast'. Now this is more of a non traditional 'fadst' as they call it. I have given up some humanly flesh related desires. Television, music, blogs and computer games, that aren't inspirational. Starting today at 5pm! I only say 5 pm because I did play my computer game when I came back from church. But I spent like 2 hours straight on it, and seeing how much time I spent on that...I guess makes it easier to stay away from.

Now, from my understanding since I am fasting from these desires for a week, I am going to replace the time I spend with them, to learn more about my will for God.  I'm hoping this notion will bring fulfillment and wisdom to my life. Also I want to focus on my jealousy and envy, and baby desires.

I'm excited because lately I was beginning to feel just as close to God as I was years ago, when I first started attending church on my own, with friends, the summer before college. But  I realized that this fasting will take me to a whole new level of closeness with God. I have not been there before in my life. I'm scared and excited. I am putting my trust in him; Me and my husband are hoping to get some fulfillment and answers during the next week :) Have you ever fasted?

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment